The Big Game Hunting Forums Forum Index
Information, Discussions & News!

Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  
 Members WebsitesMembers Websites  Hunting & Shooting SitesHunting & Shooting Sites  
 Wasson Hunting ServicesWasson Hunting Services  
Search Memberlist Usergroups  Register  Log in to check your private messages Log in

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. There's nothing wrong with that, but if you register, you'll be able to post and do all the other ridiculous crap that people do on these things. So what are you waiting for? "Register!" It will make you better looking and more popular.

Three styles available for viewing!

ANYTHING HUNTING OR SHOOTING GOES!

Back to Main Page FAQ Rules
Unit 34(timberon)

The time now is Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:12 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Big Game Hunting Forums Forum Index -> Elk, Moose & Caribou
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewMexicoRob

Posts per day: 0.05

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Unit 34(timberon) Reply with quote

Any one have any success on this unit? Me and my dad went on the(ELK) ES archery hunt this year and we saw some but could not get close for a arrow shot! It seemed this year was harder for us comparing to other years. What do you guys think about this unit? If you were succesfull post pictures and a story.. Thanks a bunch!
ob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have killed three bulls and 1 cow out of this unit. We normally hunt the high country off of FS 64. Hay canyon, Ligtning Lake area. If we run out of luck there, we normally move to Pendleton Canyon or even lower to Blue Water and Pinion Draw. If you hunt archery or muzzleloader (I prefer the smoke pole myself!) if they are not bugling in the high country, they usually are in the low country. I've hunter sparingly around Timberon, normally see alot more deer than elk though. I have some pic's posted on the Elk Forum under 34 bulls. It's a few bulls we took a couple of years ago. Fair warning, there are alot of logging roads and sometimes you can feel cramped, if you know what I mean.
jeremymalett

Posts per day: 0.01

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had great success this year in 34 but we are from here and outfit out of 34 as with most places if you get away from the people you find the animals, that also means more work on your part though.

Best of luck to you next time.

Jeremy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jeremy,How long have you been outfitting in 34? I think I'm putting for Elk rifle this season instead of bow in 34. Its beutifull country in unit 34!!! but i usually do my deer hunting in 30.. best of luck to all next season!!! Thumbs Up!
johnk1

Posts per day: 0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: unit 34 new mexico Reply with quote

my hephew and i killed two cows on this unit on 2005 Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Big Game Hunting Forums Forum Index -> Elk, Moose & Caribou All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Vote for Us at The Outdoor Lodge's Top Hunting Sites! Top 100 ShootingConnection.Com Top Sites